What I Read (Or So They Think)

I think I once shared my adoration for Amazon.com’s “list of recommendations” that the site personalizes based on prior purchases and any input on what I own and what I’m not interested in. Having sold my books and stopped my personal book-buying habit, the only books I’ve bought recently have been gifts. I now use this list to generate titles I might be interested in borrowing from my local library. Based upon Amazon’s current list of recommendations for me, I seem to be completely Star Wars obsessed (LM), but I might also enjoy the Hardy Boys (LM), The Black Stallion (Little Bird) and Walter, the Farting Dog (George). (I’m not sure that Louise Erdrich, Barbara Kingsolver, Kent Haruf and Jodi Picoult enjoy being listed alongside a flatulent canine.)

Comments

jenny said…
kent haruf? my favorite. :)

my boy just started his first hardy boys book and LOVES it.
Peter N said…
Like a Tivo recommending your future viewing habits, the selections are iffy at best. Bu fun!
Peter N said…
And Jenny, when I was young I devoured all the Hardy Boys book. Little blue hardcover gems for an eight year old young sleuth! And I'm still sleuthing.....
Robyn said…
That kind of reminds me of Safeway. They are now spitting out coupons at the register I am guessing based on your overall purchases. I always get coupons for $3 off Pampers Pull Ups or Gerber Baby Food.

Those are great and all, but I could really use a coupon for Captain Morgan Spiced Rum.
Katrina said…
iTunes does something like that, too, based on your song purchases. I make a lot of purchases of songs I hear on commercials (so easily manipulated, aren't I?), so many of the "associated" songs don't appeal to me at all, not having the distinction of being linked to my beloved Diet Coke or Old Navy madras shorts...

Popular Posts