3 Days and Counting

Three days!! Three days!! (Sorry, I'm seriously starting to get giddy about seeing my boy again.) Another thing I've missed about LM:

LM can be a very serious child. His sense of humor tends towards the sarcastic and his conversations are filled with the vocabulary of an adult. He doesn’t tend to be silly, or full of the giggles or even childish but his soft heart is truly unmistakable. While he was down in Tennessee this summer, he was at the pool one day with his cousin. Little Bird quickly found friends to play with but there wasn’t anyone LM knew there. That didn’t stop him from making friends with a child with Downs Syndrome. The child, according to my stepmom, was floating on a raft around the pool and LM asked his parents if he could pull the child around the pool while he floated, to give him a “ride”. The child loved the ride, and eventually started to throw the rings into the pool for LM to fetch. It never bothered LM that this child was “different” or “strange” and he didn’t get upset when the boy couldn’t swim with him or play like any other kid. He adapted his way of playing to accommodate this boy’s needs. I’ve seen it time and time again with LM. When we were choosing a charity, as we watched a video sent to us from World Vision, I will never forget how LM looked at me at the end and said, “Call Mom. Just call.” In such simple ways, LM touches my heart every single day. He shows such sweetness under all that seriousness. Can’t wait for one big hug.

Comments

BabelBabe said…
Oh my. No idea how you can stand to be away from him. My heart aches for you. Glad he's home soon.
jenny said…
i'm really liking this LM of yours, you know :)
Shari said…
I so understand.

Welcome home, LM....

Popular Posts