4 Days and Counting

A third thing I miss about LM is his carefree attitude about “fitting in”. With little interest in sports and a healthy aversion to girls (they still have cooties) he’d rather pretend to be Anakin Skywalker than Mr. Joe Cool. His favorite clothes include anything comfortable and red, it doesn’t matter what name is on the tag or how much it cost. It didn’t phase him to get glasses and it was only at my insistence that we had the red spots on his face lasered off. (We had another spot removed just before he left for the summer and I have asked from time to time if it has stayed gone, or if it came back. Last weekend, when asked, LM’s response to me was an exasperated, “MOM, I don’t look in the mirror. I’m not preoccupied with my image!”) The kids in our neighborhood come and go and LM is quick to meet someone new and takes it in stride when the neighborhood bullies pick on him. That’s not to say he isn’t sensitive, sometimes overly so, but in general, he tends to take life as it comes and doesn’t get bogged down by peer pressure to be one of the ‘in’ crowd.

Comments

Newlywife said…
That is going to be a wonderful trait in the future. It will make for a much happier life! He probably gets it from his mother!
Anonymous said…
what wonderful traits from what sounds like a wonderful blessing of a child. you have done a great job!

Popular Posts