Book Break

I know I’m boring some of you with my wistful thinking about my Little Man. I saw this over at Behind the Stove today and thought I’d at least try to entertain you with some book thought.

1. A book that changed your life.
The Five People You’ll Meet in Heaven, The Chosen, The Bible. The Five Love Languages.

2. A book you've read more than once.
Possession. The Notebook. Plainsong. The Chosen. Love Medicine. Where the Red Fern Grows. The Road Less Traveled.

3. A book you'd want on a desert island.
Possession. (long, romantic, complicated and with great words!)

4. A book that made you giddy.
I’m not sure ‘giddy’ is the right word, but last book I swooned over? Time Traveler’s Wife. Original and well written.

5. A book that you wish had been written.
The Bible The New New Testament

6. A book that wracked you with sobs.
Almost all of Nicholas Sparks’ novels, starting with The Notebook. Also, Deep End of the Ocean, Where the Red Fern Grows (LM and I cried together)

7. A book you wish had never been written.
Sophie’s Choice. Hated this book.

8. A book you are currently reading.
Jane Smiley’s “Moo”

9. A book you've been meaning to read.
Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis (I’ve requested it at the library, but so far it’s not in).

Comments

Poka Bean said…
love this! think i might have to do my own rendition. by the way, we just read gilead in my book club and it was great. i think you might like it. i'm going to have to check out some of your picks!

Popular Posts