5 Days and Counting

5 days left and counting (see prior post):

The second thing I miss about LM is his imagination. I built him a loft for his room when he was four. He never had an interest to put his bed in it, but instead has collected spare electronics to create his own “Command Center”. He has a DJ’s sound board, three keyboards, a Sega game system, a word processor, cords, plugs, old phones, anything he can use for his cockpit he will find a use for. He also has a huge Rubbermaid box of K’nex (for those without kids, they are the legos of today) that he will create space ships, fighter jets and hover craft with. It takes him twenty minutes to explain all the parts and pieces of one of his creations. LM has a shelf in the closet for old paper towel and toilet paper rolls, masking tape, egg cartons and the like. He has built contraptions since he was very small and continues to explore his creative side with the most basic of resources. Truly recycling at its best!

Comments

Katrina said…
Amazing! Before you know it, he'll be head of aerospace technology at M.I.T. or some such thing. You truly know how to foster his gifts and talents, Amy--you're a great mom!
Amy said…
I'm counting on it, Katrina!! My retirement savings will give me about $2 a month to live on, so I'm going to need my one and only to go far in this life and to feel so sorry for his poor mom!! (just kidding!)
Robyn said…
That's very cool! My husband is the same way - and our oldest is leaning towards that direction too.
Anonymous said…
Ooooh! You've got a clever one on your hands!

Will be v. interesting to see how he choses to use his talents in life.

Popular Posts