Too Many Questions

I’m still reading the classifieds and working all the angles I know to make a move back “home”. I am. But I don’t know if God’s decision last week was a “No” or a “Not now” and so in light of that, I’m not sure where that leaves me “in the meantime”. I hate my job. I do perhaps 10 minutes of work during an average 8 hour day (absolutely no exaggeration there). I was recently told that I can’t read a book at my desk (despite having NOTHING to do) and so my feelings of apathy and discontent continue to grow. But why would I change jobs here in PA if I really just want to change jobs and move to MI? But if I’m not moving to MI, shouldn’t I be trying to find a more fulfilling job here? And I still want a house, a single family house with a small yard. I do. But if you put in my mortgage requirements and my zip code (even the surrounding area, which would increase my commute significantly) there are ZERO properties available. Single family homes in my neck of the woods do not come close to being affordable to me. So, I stay where I am? But I’m having troubles with Gabe (still, yet, forever) on the leash and that makes me want to move even more.

Maybe God didn’t want me to have that job in Michigan and I’m okay with that, but I’m certainly not happy with where I am, either. Something’s gotta give as they say and I’m just not sure what. I could stay in the condo and deal with that lifestyle except for the dog issues. Do I give the dog away? My heart can’t fathom doing that! I can’t move here, I can’t afford to. Do I try to change jobs so I’m happier during the day even if that means having such a short stint on my resume?

Perhaps what I need is further explanation from the man upstairs. It would seem that he, like the dog trainer, isn’t getting my emails. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Somebody open up The Book of Answers and tell me what to do here!! (please?)

Comments

Jules said…
How far away from your family is far? Have you looked for homes that are in neighboring cities? Maybe that's not for you, but you would certainly be closer to them than you are now. And also, please don't get rid of the dog! That's like giving away a child! Hopefully, he will grow out of this leash problem. Don't worry. Praying on it will make you feel better. Guaranteed! And, remember, everything happens for a reason, even if you can't see it just yet. Just be patient, and know that it's in God's hands, not yours, and everything will work itself out. You'll see!
Wendy said…
Yes, everything WILL work itself out. You know, God helps those who help themselves. So, if you'd mostly like to move back to MI ... then keep searching for a job there. Just because you had one no, does not mean you're not suppose to move there. You may get 10 nos ... If I were you, I'd set my priorities ... If MI is top, then keep looking there for a little while longer. If a couple months go by with no bites, then put your resume out where you are as well (keep it in MI too!) and whoever bites first gets you. Either way, you'll change jobs to one that at least keeps you busy ... and who knows, it may be in MI. Try not to think TOO hard on it, as your brain will probably pop. There are no definitive answers. What will be, will be ... but you have to help yourself by getting your resume out there. IMHO. Oh ... and please don't give up on Gabe.
Unknown said…
regarding your resume and the short amount of time at your current position: a short span at a company can be easily explained away during an interview. "it became clear to me after the first week (month, day, etc) that the company was not a good fit for my work style. i like to stay busy working on projects and this job had a lot of downtime. after carefully weighing my options, i decided it would be in both the company's and my best interest to pursue other opportunities ..."

can you tell i've used that line before? lol
Shari said…
It's all about what makes you happy. Just slow down, get in a quiet space, and picture yourself happy.

Your surroundings in that little daydream will tell you everything you need to know.

Don't be scared.

Popular Posts