The Meeting

You are envious. I know you are. You wish that you could attend the parent’s meeting tonight at the school. I know, I know, it’s not easy for you to suffer through the “Lost” premier knowing that I’m the lucky one who gets to go to the meeting where I’ll learn all about the Health Education curriculum they will be teaching my Little Man in fifth grade this year. I know, I am so fortunate.

It’s not enough that I just get to attend, either. Not to smear your faces in it or sound boastful but I not only get to attend the hour long meeting but I will be joined by my ex-husband. I know, life just isn’t fair, is it?

And not only is it such a pleasure to sit at school functions next to a man I am no longer married to, but it is exponentially more fun to sit next to a GAY ex-husband when the topic being discussed is SEX!! WOOHOOO!!! I am so lucky. Pinch me, I must be dreaming. And there you are, feeling so left out.

So, just to be fair, when Little Man begins this curriculum and has all the “birds and the bees” stuff spelled right out for him, and he comes home and starts asking the hard questions like, “But then why does Dad sleep with a man?” I will just send him to you for the answer. Just so you don’t feel left out, okay? Great. Now we both feel better.



Sigh. Anyone wanna be the Mom for this one? Please????

Comments

Jules said…
And you have to miss "Lost"?!? The horrors!!! In all seriousness, so sorry...
jenny said…
wow. you hit the jackpot with this one, eh?
shayze said…
The parent's meeting itself doesn't sound too bad. Having to deal with the ex is what sounds horrible!
Bearca said…
Whoa. That's a big one...

Popular Posts