Stop Number Two - Washington's Crossing Park

Bowman's Tower is part of Washington's Crossing Park, which commemorates the crossing of the Delaware by the original George W. on that historic Christmas night. I kept looking for THE place where the crossing supposedly happened and couldn't find it. This rock nearly jumped out and bit me as we headed back towards our car.

The view from the middle of the bridge that spans the Delaware at the park was gorgeous!

We ate lunch at this adorable little restaurant. I was hoping we'd see Tedy Bruschi there, but he wasn't. We would have shared out piece of pumpkin pie with him!Me
LM

I loved the look of this tree. If you look closely, they have a spot light attached to the tree mid-way up. The sun peaked out just enough to highlight the rainbow colors still clinging to the trees.
The whole tree was green, except this one little bundle of leaves. I had to get close to see if the leaves were really attached (they were).I can't explain it, but I love this tree.

Comments

Anonymous said…
you don't have to be able to explain your love for a certain tree. I have favorites all over New England. and maybe I can't explain it but seeing it in type certainly confirms my weirdness.
:)

lovely shots of your day!


p.s the black & white pumpkin photo...was it hard to do?
Jules said…
OMG, you look so totally different than your profile pic. They are both really good, but still. You look totally different. You are so pretty, Amy!

Popular Posts