Twelve

I have a hard time believing my own child is twelve, but Birdy?  How can that be?  I remember waiting for the call, knowing my sister was in labor, waiting and waiting and waiting for someone to call and say Birdy had been born.  I remember talking with my dad and he said, "It's okay, Amy, I just saw a cardinal out on the tree"  I know it won't mean anything to someone who isn't in my family, but to us, that means Mom is there, and if Mom is there, everything is going to be okay.  And it was.  Birdy was born and she was beautiful and amazing and so tiny!!!

And now she's twelve.  My niece is twelve.  I cannot believe it.

The snow might be flying and the roads might be slick but that wasn't going to stop us from seeing Birdy on her birthday.  I'd have lots of great pics but I put the boy in charge of the camera and that means we have two that aren't blurry and one that shows her face.


Happy Birthday Birdy!!!  We love you!!

Comments

Popular Posts