How To Build Self-Esteem in a Pre-Teen

I'm not sure how it slipped my attention.  How 12 1/2 years went by and I never noticed the omission.  Here I've been, concerning myself with trying to raise a well-rounded, Christian, good natured child and I missed a critical part of his upbringing.  Until this evening, Flash had never, EVER rollerskated.  

I know.

I just don't know how it happened.

I wish I had photographic evidence.  Something to commemorate the occasion and to save the memory for all of time.  But alas, I was not invited to the youth group skating party.  

I do have evidence that he did skate, however.  When I picked him up, Flash sat down in the car and said, "Man, my butt hurts."

Yep, my boy skated.

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL - ok then we HAVE to ice skate over the holidays. . .and he'll be home with time to do it! He'll love me! NOT! Jules

Popular Posts