When Moms Malfunction

"LM, what happened to the two potatoes I bought yesterday? I don't see them in the fridge."

"They should be in the crisper drawaer, Mom."

"I know, but they aren't there, and I don't see them in the fridge anywhere."

"Maybe they are still in the car?"

"Why would they still be in the car, we only had one bag at the store? They should have been brought in."

"I know, but maybe they fell out. I'll go check."





"Nope, they aren't in the car."

"Well, LM, I've looked in the fridge three times, where else could they be?"

"I don't know, Mom."

"I remember buying them. I can remember putting them on the scanner and typing in the produce code. I think it was 4072."

"It was 4072. I remember you doing that."

"Well, if I bought them, where could they be?"

"I don't know, Mom."

"I remember putting them in the bag, on top, and we only had the one bag, and all the grocery bags are back in the car, so it can't still be in a bag somewhere. I just don't know where they could possibly be."

"Mom. I just don't know."

"I know, LM, but sometimes when you say 'I don't know,' it turns out later you did know. I wouldn't surprise me in the least to find two potatoes in your bathroom or someplace weird."

"I know, Mom, but I really don't know where the potatoes could be. I know we ate two baked potatoes last night, but..."

"Oh, we did eat two baked potatoes last night, didn't we?"

"Mom?"

"Yes, LM?"

"I think your brain is officially fried."

"I think so, too, LM."

Comments

Mig said…
Oh Now THAT IS FUNNY!

Want to come over? My brain is fried too.
Katrina said…
Heehee! Well, in a sense, you were right. He DID know what happened to those potatoes! (But so did you...lol.) Sounds like your brain needs a rest. Maybe some mindless TV watching. Might I suggest the food channel? Very soothing.
Jennifer said…
Welcome to the club!!! :)

Popular Posts