In The Mail

LM came in with the mail. Always good things for him, bills for me. Today he says, "something from the SAT came."

"It can't be your scores," I replied, "it's too soon."

We both had envelopes addressed to us, with the same SAT return address. I ripped mine open faster.

Cricital Reading 580
Math 500
Writing 480

Let me translate that: In critical reading, LM scored higher than 74% of college-bound SENIORS. In math and writing, he scored higher than 45% of college-bound SENIORS. (As an aside, knowing how much he lacks for good writing skills, I think I'm suddenly VERY concerned about the writing ability of high school seniors.)

He needed a 520 in Math and a combined 900 to get in for English. I'm hoping that this is close enough to qualify!!

I think we're both still a little shell-shocked.

Comments

Katrina said…
Woot, LM! Nice job! At this rate, when you're an actual high school senior, you're going to knock that thing out of the park! :)
jenny said…
WOW! Congratulations, LM! That's awesome, awesome news :)
Hillary said…
Wowza! That's awesome!! :)
SlushTurtle said…
Woohoo! So my congratulations is a little belated, but I've been busy (read: pulling dirt and bugs out of a teething baby's mouth and telling the big one that no, rainbows don't talk and no, I don't think a bedspread would work as a parachute should one decided to jump from the top of the stairs...). I know you must be so proud of that smart boy of yours!

Popular Posts