Truly Blessed

For children that didn't realize they'd never met, and only knew they were close friends already.
For moments of majesty I might have missed if not for a dear friend's 'eagle eye'.

For children that made me laugh from the inside out.


And whose beauty shines in much the same way.
Seeing the intellect, the wit, the maturity that has come from the toddler I once knew


Knowing the hand their mother and father have both had in raising such amazingly beautiful children.
With the rare treat of family game night. I'll admit, I was silenced by my envy of so much laughter around one table.

With glimpses back to my own childhood.

And reminders of how grateful we should all be just to be alive.


With tea parties

filled with poetry and homemade cookies.


I have no greater blessings than these.

Stacy, there is no thank you sincere enough, no gift large enough, no hug long enough to express how grateful I am for your friendship, your hospitality, your example, and your smile. For all the blessings you've brought into my life, you have my deepest gratitude. May it not be another ten years until we are together again.

Comments

Katrina said…
I'm so glad you got to go! It looks like you made some great memories. :)
stacy said…
i am so glad you came! i feel really blessed to have a friendship that has endured time, distance, periods of silence when life has made has busy, even life changes! looking forward to the next visit...now we have LM, C, S, and B nagging us...i doubt we'll have to wait another 10 years! :o)

love ya!

Popular Posts