Weekend Update

So a few weeks ago I mentioned to J (LM's dad) that LM had this Friday off of school. I had thought we might go visit grandparents in Illinois, but J thought maybe he would come for a visit. Since I moved his boy 12 hours away, I thought it only fair that I give him first dibs. I offered the apartment (I would stay with my sis) and my car and anything else he needed for his weekend here. Didn't hear another word. Until a week ago when LM's grandpa called to 'finalize the plans to get LM to Pittsburgh'. Um, wha? It would seem that J never actually looked into flying, just decided we could ALL spend 12 hours on the road (and $120 in gas) so he could see LM for three days. So I spent Thursday substitute teaching and then flew home to shove stuff in the car (including the dog) and drove 3 hours one way to meet up with the g'parents and exchange the boy. And then I drove 3 hours back home. And then I got up early to sub again on Friday. It's a good thing I was subbing at George's school and that he was so darn cute to see throughout the day (no, he wasn't in the class I had) as it helped to keep me happy when I was otherwise tired and beat.

So I basically did little more than collapse on Friday night.

Other than try to check my email and check for sub assignments for this coming week. Only I couldn't because LM TOOK THE WIRELESS CARD. Not that he needed it, he just forgot to leave it behind when he got into Nana's car. So I can't blog. I can't check for sub jobs. I can't balance the check book. I can't email. I can't change my fantasy team lineup.

Yesterday I actually sat down and wrote about 6000 words to get caught up on Nano. Even though LM took the notebook with my notes in it. (Have I mentioned his short life span?) And I made thank you notes for George's birthday party (since I made the invites, I wanted him to have matching thank you's). And I cleaned out the calcium and lime deposits in the dishwasher that have caused it to leave GUNK on all our dishes for the past two months.

And today I earned a jewel in my heavenly crown (at least I better have!) I did not stay home and watch the biggest game of the year (Pats v. Colts for those of you living in a cave). I drove to Ohio again to pick up my dearly beloved son. And I sat and had dinner with my out-laws at Bob Evans. And I drove home listening to Larry the Cable Guy (okay not really, but it sure sounded like him) announce the Pats v. Colts game on the radio. And I was a nervous wreck the whole time (and not just because I was afraid the car would break down in Indiana and no one would help me since I was wearing a Pats jersey) but because I needed about a million points from Brady and Moss to make up for my wretched defense choice (um, 44-0 is going to leave me with negative defense points. Thanks Denver.) But I'm so thrilled that the Pats pulled off the big win and that LM had a great weekend with his grandparents.

But I'm 8000 into Nano, my boy is home safe, my Pats are 9-0 and I have internet access once again so I can keep tabs on sub openings.

Life is indeed good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oooh, I bet you were awfully excited about the result of that football game!

Sorry about your defense. If it is any consolation, it made the entire state of Michigan awfully cheery.

Glad LM, and your notebook, and your wireless card, are all home!
~**Dawn**~ said…
UNDEFEATED!!!
You know what amused me to no end? Peyton put on his helmet *after* the game when the teams shake hands. Boo hoo, Peyton!
Jennifer said…
I can't believe you accommodated J rather that insisting that he trek to see you & LM! Apparently, you're a much better person than I am...I would have said "make the trip here or forget it!". So glad you haven't given up blogging to write your Best Selling novel :)
Katrina said…
Wow, you definitely get a few extra rubies for that one! What a great example of patience, love, and compassion you always are to me. The Fantasy Football thing would have tried my motherly serenity for sure...
jenny said…
Talk about the ultimate sacrifice. You missed a ton of bad officiating and a pouting Peyton.

It. Was. Awesome.
Sarah Louise said…
You are a real trouper. And isn't it amazing how much more we get done when the Internet is not there to fill our time?? Glad you were able to get the calcium out of the dishwasher.

This was my favorite part:

"And I drove home listening to Larry the Cable Guy (okay not really, but it sure sounded like him) announce the Pats v. Colts game on the radio. And I was a nervous wreck the whole time (and not just because I was afraid the car would break down in Indiana and no one would help me since I was wearing a Pats jersey."

xo,

SL

Popular Posts