Let the Fury Begin

NanoWriMo starts today. I participated last year (as many of you know) for the first time and really had fun with it. About six remarkably gluttonous people voluntarily read my first little novel (a children's book) and the reviews were, well...non-existant. LM spent much of his time after reading it telling people that I wrote a children's book but it was NOT ABOUT HIM. He wanted to make sure no one confused poor Charlie's misadventures with something LM might have done. Ahem. So I didn't submit it to any publisher. I didn't even send it in to a local contest. I didn't actually do anything with it other than stick it in my hope chest along with all the writings I did when I was seven.

So what on earth am I doing participating again this year? I have no idea. Do I expect to write anything worth reading? Nope. Do I expect to write anything I'd like to send off to a publisher? Nope. Do I anticipate even using my lame chapters as blog posts when I get desperate? Nope. But here I go again.

Did I mention that LM is participating too this year? So for the next 30 days there will be two of us frantically typing away, drinking gallons of lemonade, eating chips and pacing around the room. Great mom and son bonding, huh? 50,000 and counting. Here goes nothing (literally).

Comments

Mig said…
Excellent!

~pulls up chair~

What a great month November is. :-)
Jennifer said…
Very cool! Can't wait to get my copy this year :)
Lisa said…
That's wonderful that LM is doing it as well - unleash those creative juices and enjoy yourself!
Katrina said…
How cool that you two are doing it together! What a fun memory that will be! I really love reading about the awesome relationship you and LM have. I hope when my kids get older, we're able to retain the same camaraderie and connection.

I totally think you should use some of your chapters as blog posts. And, just for future reference, I am considered by many to be "remarkably gluttonous", should you need any more readers. :D

Have fun!
Jen said…
Good luck Amy and LM. What a fun thing to do together. Who knows, one of you might write the next great American novel this month.
Anonymous said…
Good luck! I'm so excited to hear about your progress...and LM's view on this great challenge! :)
Anonymous said…
ahem...i read your last novel and i thought i did give you a review! it was incredibly clever and my kids loved imagining that LM actually did all those stunts! ;o) i hope i get to read the next one, too! (could ya print it with a bigger type, though?)

does this mean i won't be hearing from you for awhile?

stacy

Popular Posts