Joy

I know, my blog is so boring lately. First, I don't post for days on end under some guise that I'm actually writing a novel. HA HA HA, boy, you people are suckers aren't you? (I'm within 5,000 words, I promise, the end is in sight!) Then, when you think I'm actually posting, you realize I'm just sharing more highlights from our life right now and your eyes start to glaze over and you click on the back button and you pray that someone on your blog roll actually wrote something intelligent and funny and well, worth reading.

Yeah, you're not going to find that here. Not yet anyway.

BUT, tonight's Beth Moore lesson was on Joy and wow, can that woman make you feel JOY!!

My day might have felt like a real bummer to me in different times. I was subbing in a first grade (and have I mentioned how much I love subbing? I know you think I'm being sarcastic, but I'm being serious. I mean, SERIOUSLY I love being in the classroom!!) Anyway, to make a long story short, I cannot get the maternity leave position until the state of Michigan officially declares me certifiable. Wait, that didn't come out right. I mean, TEACHER certified. Ahem. But she really wants to get me in and hopes that the state doesn't take too long and she even told me that the teachers have really liked having me as a sub and other warm fuzzy thoughts that I will savor for weeks. Ahem. Right, where was I? Oh, yes, so I can't sub more than four weeks in any given classroom (in a row) or they have to send a note home to all the parents saying I'm not certified in the state and no one wants to do that (including me) BUT, the principal has an emergency opening for a pregnant woman who was going on maternity leave in January but has been ordered by her doctor to bed rest and so they have asked ME to fill in for her for the next four weeks or until they find a replacement that will work all the way through her maternity leave as well.

Which is good news in a bad news sort of way. I mean, I really want full-time employment, and short of that, I really want long-term employment but this certification thing is the current hang up, but you know what? I was absolutely tickled today that she asked me. I was tickled that after subbing in the district for about a month they already like me that much. I was tickled, I tell ya. And so I accepted the position (which starts tomorrow) and I let myself feel joy. I mean, it's four weeks, before the holidays, of steady, consistent work, in the district I might hope to one day have a full-time job in. JOY, I tell ya!

Until the panic set in.

'Cause it's Special Education.

And I've never taught that or had classes in that, or read a book on that, or even sat next to a teacher who sat next to a teacher who once had a job teaching special ed. The one GREAT thing I have going for me? My second mom taught it for years.

Yeah, Verizon? Could you just direct connect me with Judy for the next four weeks? Um, thanks!

And again, the plug for Beth Moore. I kid you not, go find her Fruit of the Spirit Bible study - at your church, at your cousin's church, somewhere....and do it. Seriously. JOY COMETH!

Comments

Mig said…
AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!!

And P.S.

Your post are not boring AT ALL.
RosieBoo said…
I've done that Fruit of the Spirit study and it is fantastic! I need to pull it out again and review it!
jenny said…
woohoo! Congratulations, Amy.

I think you'll do well. And just think, in four weeks you'll be on vacation!
Katrina said…
How wonderful! I think you will do great in special education. The mountains are bigger, but the views are spectacular.
Sarah Louise said…
you are not boring.

Beth Moore rocks!

YAY for "finishing" the novel. I'm sorry I doubted you. Will you still be my friend???

Popular Posts