I Am Grateful For

1. LM. Without question, every single day. I love that kid more than I ever knew I could.
2. The personal relationship I have with my Heavenly Father.
3. Finally being near my family. (Trust me, visiting for a few hours instead of days - it's AMAZING!)
4. That I didn't have to stick my hands inside a bird and pull out all the gross parts today (Thanks, Jules! Love ya!)
5. All the Christmas presents I have hidden in my bedroom that are wrapped or ready to be wrapped this weekend.
6. My dog and cat. Every night they both curl up on my bed looking for love. I just adore my pets!
7. Substitute teaching. It not only pays the bills currently, it has been so much fun for me the past few months.
8. An understanding ex-husband who has worked with me to change our custody arrangement since our move and is willing to meet in the middle to see his son.
9. So far, only an inch of snowfall.
10. A car that works.
11. Finding a church home so quickly, and one that has been such a blessing.
12. Football. (What? You haven't noticed the Pats are undefeated?)
13. Friends. Near, far, old, new. I am so grateful for each and every one of them.
14. Microwaves. I know it's so materialistic and there are people with no food in this world, more or less no microwaves, but thanks, Dad and Judy, for this wonderful machine that reheats my leftovers, pops my corn and makes my boy his favorite oatmeal.
15. Books. For entertainment, for inspiration, to teach me how to write, to teach me how to teach, to help me challenge my boy, to make me laugh, to make me cry.
16. Beth Moore and her lessons on the Fruit of the Spirit - I've already learned so much and we're not even halfway done!
17. for NaNoWriMo - which is forcing me to write, even when I JUST.DON'T.WANNA.
18. For laughter. George, Bird, LM and even little Squirt - their laughter does my heart good!
19. For music - especially beautiful Christmas carols that remind me further the reason for the upcoming season.
20. For all the fun of the holidays - even just playing games with my unwilling sister in WalMart - it's fun to have fun

Comments

Jen said…
What a great list, Amy. And I totally agree with the microwave thing.
Mig said…
I love this list!!! It's very sweet.

Now get writing. :-)
Sarah Louise said…
What a lovely list. I'm glad you're closer to family--it suits you.
Anonymous said…
Unwilling? LOL, you just forget that at my AGE two things at once that require concentration are getting to be a challenge! Glad you were here for the T-giving holiday. . .I'd stick my hand in a bird for you anytime! Jules
Katrina said…
What a terrific list! Your blog always just oozes with gratitude, and I love that about you.

Popular Posts