Have I Mentioned

that I'm having computer issues again? (I'd link back to the spring post when I spent a nary fortune on this stupid laptop and got completely screwed in the deal, but if you understood how slow my laptop is, you wouldn't subject me to something as trivial as linking.)

I've tried to go into my startup applications list and to eliminate some of the nightmare programs that are running in the background all.the.time, but my computer would like to speak to the manager and doesn't seem to understand that I AM THE DOGGONE MANAGER. Seriously. If I weren't intimately aware of what a pain it is to rely on the library for the internet, this dear Dell laptop would have long since sailed right through the patio window.

So, if there is anyone out there who can offer advice, or who might have a word with my not-so-inspiring Inspiron and inform it that I am, indeed, as it were, the ADMINISTRATOR, and that should I so choose to click on some options it needs to LET ME DOGGONE IT, I would greatly appreciate a stern voice and a swift hand.

In the meantime, if you're awaiting email from me, it might take awhile as Yahoo has joined in the fun and refuses to let me delete, move or start a new email. It's such a remarkable pain.

Or maybe it's just trying to convince me to finish my NaNo novel already. Do you suppose it knows I use email to procrastinate? Hmmm...

Comments

Jules said…
I know you probably already know this, but if you go into "control panel" and then "user accounts", you can go into your account (if there's more than one) and change the settings. I am almost positive you already know that, but you know... just in case. When I have problems like that, I usually just walk right in the Best Buy store and get someone from the Geek Squad to help me out. It might cost me a hundred dollars to do it, but I can monitor what they're doing and tell them what exactly I want them to take care of. I usually learn a LOT about my computer just watching and then if the same problem happens, I can fix or change it myself. Also, are you running a dial-up connection? I would highly recommend high-speed internet and a healthy dose of memory for the computer. It is COMPLETELY worth the cost to save all the headache. But that's just me. :) I sure hope you can get it working the way you want it to! Happy Thanksgiving, Amy!!!
Mig said…
Message received. It's not a good idea for me to put my phone number here but my man can probably help you. (or he can send a sledgehammer to smash it to bits)

Hopefully email will let you do something. ~crosses fingers~
Jennifer said…
My resident geek has told me that not only does Microsoft Windows suck, it requires a re-install about once a year. Apparently my year is up (and why wouldn't it be since I bought it at Christmas last year) because I'm having tons of trouble with my HP laptop! Really, my biggest problem is Outlook, which happens to be my life line!!! Michael is thoroughly enjoying watching me reboot 3 times to simply check email, and has been very quick to remind me that I 'should have bought a Mac'...don't you hate no-it-alls!!!! Hope you can fix your Dell without too much money or frustration!

Popular Posts