H.A.L.T.

If you remember, LM and I do "H.A.L.T." every night at dinner. It's our highs and lows and thanks for the day. I already spoke about the good news on my certification for this week. My low for the week would 3 of the last 4 sub days. From the day I subbed in a second grade, first grade and Kindergarten all in the same day to the second grade MONSTERS I had yesterday, it's been an exhausting week. My high? Today's class of third graders. I can't even tell you the 100 ways in which they were remarkable. They were just incredibly awesome and I had the opportunity to tell the teacher so at the end of the day.

And my thanks? That today was payday but better yet was that I won my battle with the cable company, and since I didn't have that bill to pay this month I stocked up at the grocery store. (This morning, our fridge literally held condiments, filtered water, lettuce, an egg and one can of Pepsi.)

How about you? What are you highs, lows and thanks for the day or the week?

Comments

Katy said…
Highs: Finishing a sock, smiling babies, rearranged living room

Lows: still having another sock to go, needing to clean up the mess of my desk

Thanks: Thanksgiving is coming next week and I get to go home, a job that I truly enjoy
Mig said…
Highs: Having a supportive family that puts up with my nuttiness.

Lows: Work, this week was full of mistakes, I made.

Thanks: To have kids who love me, love me, LOVE ME.
~**Dawn**~ said…
Highs: The Patriots were moved to Sunday night, so I am guaranteed to see the game. I got to meet my favorite customer for the first time -- a lot of our customers are out-of-state, including this one, but he happened to be in town for a huge trade show, and invited me to dinner.

Lows: I can't seem to find any good airfare for Christmas -- and by "good," I mean even remotely affordable. Mike Lowell is the grand marshal of the parade at Magic Kingdom this afternoon, my Annual Pass is burning a hole in my pocket, and I can't go.

Thanks: That I have such awesome friends that invite me into their home for the holidays, which is where I will be spending Thanksgiving. And so far I have not caught the cold that's been going around here at work!
Sarah Louise said…
Highs: I have a car. I have a job I like most days. I have a roof over my head.

Lows: Sick of dealing with glitches with the car (climging to the passenger side to get out, now starting to deal with the dent on my passenger side door.

Thanks: that I get to go to a retreat tomorrow.

What a good idea!!
Jen said…
Highs: thinking of the baby I'm growing and seeing the two I've already grown.
Lows: all day long morning sickness that kept me from enjoying the samples at Costco today.
Thanks: five days off starting next Wednesday and getting to spend holidays with family.
Katrina said…
Highs: putting the very last pile of fourteen loads of folded laundry away today, evenings with my love, my sister's engagement

Lows: my boy being sick, finding out my cholesterol is too high

Thanks: plans to be surrounded by family and friends on Thanksgiving Day and to go shopping with girlfriends on Black Friday

Popular Posts