Catching Up

Today I am writing and wrapping.


11:35am:
I've written 2,000+ words this morning, bringing my word count up to 32,248. (17,752 left to go by next Friday at midnight.)


I have yet to wrap a single gift.


1:26pm:
Almost 1000 words more, bringing me to 33, 182. Still a whole mess to go, but I'm getting closer.

I have yet to wrap a single gift.

But I did talk to my dad. And I'm thinking it's time for a nap. (I know, I've done nothing so far today, but I haven't napped yet during this holiday break and I certainly can't nap while driving to Ohio tomorrow!)


5:08pm:

Nap is complete. I've wrapped about six gifts and there's no stopping me now.

As for writing? Well, nothing more since I last reported. But there's still hope.

11:52pm:

I'm up to 34,000 words. Yipppee!! I'm getting there, slowly but surely. Still haven't really gotten the main activity going in my book, but that's okay, I think it's developing along. I won't be any where near the end of my novel at 50,000 words, I'll just be getting rolling. Maybe in January I'll have time to write again and finish it up, at least the first draft anyway.

All gifts are wrapped. At least all that I have. I'm still missing a couple, but they'll be here soon enough.

Now, to catch some zzz's. 9am departure to go get the boy.

Comments

Katrina said…
I am so impressed with your NaNo dedication! And you're wrapping gifts, too? I am sitting like a lump in front of two perfectly beautiful rolls of wrapping paper, unable to get started...and for no reason, only simple procrastination!

Keep up the great work.

Popular Posts