Realization

So I was browsing through blogs tonight, hoping that Newly or maybe Katrina had posted. But no. I was delighted to read SP- she tickles my funny bone, that girl - and Jenny, too, but somewhere along the way (it was only a moment ago and already I can't remember where I saw it) I saw something out of the corner of my eye on a blog, something like NaNoBlo.....

Wait.

Today is October 8th. 30 days hath September, April, June and November....that means 31 minus 8, that's 3 carry the... OH MY GOSH NANOWRIMO IS TWENTY THREE DAYS AWAY.

Holy.Mighty.Crap.

In 23 days I have to start another 50,000 word novel that I have to finish 30 days later.

I am most certainly not ready for this.

It seems like a cop-out to do a Part II of last year's novel. I should really challenge myself and write something more significant than an anecdotal children's book.

But then that begs the question, what exactly SHOULD I write about?

Comments

jenny said…
So books 2-7 of the Harry Potter series were copouts? I think not...write whatever YOU like. (Okay, so maybe book 2 kind of stunk but 3-7 then.)
Amy said…
That's a good point, J, but J.K. Rowlings got MUCH better reviews than "The Trouble With Charlie" ever did, even to its limited audience.
Jennifer said…
It should be based on a real-life adventure...I don't know, something that might be about a family that decides to move across the country giving themselves just days to pack and leave. Then you fill in the blanks with funny adventures, broken mirrors, creative plant packing, etc. I think it just might be a huge success :)
Sarah Louise said…
I was about to suggest what jennifer just did...

and details like college students buying beer and pizza at the grocery should definately be included.
Mig said…
Ok so I'm for what Jennifer wrote too, MOVING across country.

That would be an interesting story from a child's perspective.

Still waiting on exerpts from your first book. :-)
Lisa said…
Ooooh, what delightful anticipation, Amy! I will be sidestepping Nano this year in the hopes of FINALLY finishing the novel I started last November. After some critique, I rewrote the first half. So now I'm revising, revising, revising.... and I'm hoping to start submitting to agents in the new year.

I look forward to many posts about your November adventure, though. :)

Popular Posts