What I Did Not Do Today

Despite the fact that my dad and second mom are coming for a visit this weekend, today I did:

1. NOT clean the house from top to bottom, especially the bathrooms.
2. NOT load up two carts at the grocery store anticipating every need, whim, desire or want.
3. NOT give the car a bath, a much needed vacuum or a fresh squirt of Febreeze.
4. NOT give the dog a bath and the cat a stern talking to about how to be nice to guests.
5. NOT plan a list of might-do's, could-do's, want-to-do's or have-to-do's.

BECAUSE THEY ARE STAYING AT MY SISTER'S!!!

I can't explain how odd it is to have my family come for a visit and NOT stay with me. This is the first time in my life this has ever happened. They are coming for a few days. I told them to stay a week! Heck, stay two!!

Now, don't get me wrong, the house isn't unsanitary (really, Dad! It's okay to use the loo while you're here!) it's just that I'm not doing all that last minute cleaning, the extra sprucing up I normally do for guests! They won't be using my shower, won't be sleeping in my bed, won't even be eating at my table!

I think this might just be the Best.Visit.Ever. with my fam!

Comments

Katrina said…
Heehee! I know what you mean! All of the fun with none of the hassle. I hope you and your family enjoy an awesome visit!
Jennifer said…
My step-mom is allergic to cats, so anytime they come into town, it's only a day visit :) I love the day visits because I only concern myself with the most obvious rooms when it comes to cleaning - the guest bath, the kitchen, and the family room. Upstairs isn't an issue when no one stays the night.
Mig said…
I wish I had house guests like this!!!!

Popular Posts