365 Days

A year ago, we moved.  We had sold our home in 8 short days and moved two very short weeks later.  I had packed up LM and everything we owned and drove halfway across the country to start again.  I moved without a job, without income, without any sense of how I was actually going to make it all work.

And in the past year I found my heart.  I found myself standing in an elementary classroom wondering how on earth I ever left it for ten years.  I found my relationship with my son growing closer, getting better, not buckling under the strain as I feared it might.  We found a church, and this summer, found another.  I started dating again and let myself let go for a short while, letting someone else in for a change.  

It has been a year of faith.  Of believing there is a plan bigger than what I can see.  That there is someone in control who knows more, knows better, knows more completely what I need than I do.  

I cannot say I didn't have my doubts.  I cannot say I didn't lay awake at night and fear.  I had times where the tears wouldn't stop.  Where doubt ruled my mind.  Where hopelessness nearly overtook me while I waited for the next paycheck, waited to sell the house, waited to see if LM's school was the right decision.

But today, a year later, I can say confidently that God knows better than I do.  That He will lead if I will let him.  That He can not only take me to places I've never been, but can fill my heart with joy I've never known. 

As I look back, and then look ahead to a year of teaching in a paraprofessional position, to another year of bonding with my son, to a year of trusting and faith and paying the bills with a fraction of what we used to have, I have confidence.  I have hope.  I have immeasurable joy.

And I have faith.

Let go, let God.  And He will fill you heart with joy and blessing.

Comments

Jennifer said…
"Let Go, Let God" - that's a saying that my neighbor and very close friend says often. A statement that I have had to lean-on very much over these last few weeks, as Michael & I "lean not on our own understanding". Its never easy to live by faith, but God always meets you where you are, then grants you the desires of your heart! So glad that you can look back and see growth, and that you can look forward with eager anticipation :)

Popular Posts