The Office

Last week LM made a portion of his room into an office. He has paper, an adding machine, pencils, calculator and an in box. All the things necessary for good office management.

Seeing the "In" box, I was prompted to write him a letter - I hate to not play along. It's not as if I can leave it up to his siblings to engage in his playfulness.

"Dear Sir: I would like to meet with you at your earliest convenience regarding a top secret topic that shall not be discussed in any way on paper. I am available most evenings, however, this Thursday I have a prior obligation that is of the utmost importance to me (LM's school Open House). Perhaps, if your busy schedule would allow, we might meet on Friday sometime after 7pm? Please let me know if this would work for you. I appreciate your urgency and confidentiality in this matter. Best regards, Ms. Mom"

"Ms. Mom: Thank you for your letter. I am available on Friday, at 8 o'clock. This is the ONLY TIME that I am available on that date after 7pm. I am sorry if this is an inconvenience to you. If you need to re-scedual, please notify my appointment manager, Eli on Howls (our nickname for the dog), or send me a reply. Thank you. LM, President."

"Mr. LM: 8pm on Friday evening will suit me just fine. I appreciate your temily and professional response and attention to this matter. As I previously mentioned, the topic for discussion is highly sensitive and must remain strictly confidential. I will fill you in on any pertinent details at our meeting. Until that time, I would wish only to know what your billable rates might be and what methods of payment are acceptable. Please let me know. If you have anything further to ask or need any other information before Friday, please do not hesitate to contact me. I may be reached through my personal assistant, Jonah v. Whale. Best regards, Ms. Mom, CEO, COO, CFO, CMO, UFO, VCR, PhD of the Mother Institute of Parental Influence."

We had our meeting last Friday, and discussed LM's current list of chores and had a discussion about raising his allowance.

This week, the following letter appeared on my bed.

"Ms. Mom: I have heard that you have recently made a batch of your locally famous apple sause. I was wondering if it might be possible to obtain a jar of it for personal reasons. Please respond at your earliest convineance to discuss delivery. Sincerly, LM, CEO and President of Kid ConFed Org."

"Dear Sir: We at MomsGreatFoods.com appreciate your inquire into our fine selection of homemade products. We are currently producing our seasonal specialties: applesauce and strapplesauce. While we would love to provide you with a fresh batch for your personal enjoyment, we are well aware of the desire of our competitors to obtain our Top Secret recipe. While we in no way mean to suggest or accuse you of trying to obtain this secret recipe, we must nontheless remain cautionary in our response. After conferring with my Director of All Things Confidential, Mr. J. Cat, we have decide to extend to you and your company the invitation to enjoy fresh applesauce during Sunday dinner at our headquarters in Southwest Michigan. We hope this agreement is favorable to you. We look forward to seeing you around 7pm tomorrow evening. Best regards, M.s Mom, CEO, CFO, Head Chef, MomsGreatFoods.com"

"Ms. Mom: Thank you for your prompt reply and the invataion to your dinner, wich we accept. However, though I understand your caution, I can assure you that I have nether the motivation nor the means to discover your seceret recipe, wich, mind you, you have already shared with me. I wish only to acquire ONE jar of your Ida Red applesause (TM). Thank you for your time, LM, CEO and President of Kid ConFed."

"Dear Sir: I hope that you enjoyed your sample of MomsGreatFoods.com seasonal strapplesauce this evening at our Midwest headquarters. I am aware that a list of ingredients was shared with you; please be assured that knowing the precise proportions and cooking methods is critical to producing the best strapplesauce (strawberry applesauce) ever produced in this household. I am, therefore, unable to share that information with you at this time. I have, however, checked with my Assistant of Production, Mr. Joe Nah, who took inventory of our supply and noted that with the purchase of more than 145 pounds of apples from the orchard and the production of over 20 quart-sized jars of sauce, he assures me we will have more than enough to meet the demands of our clients. I can, therefore, at this time, extend to you ONE jar of MomsGreatFoods.com 2007 Strapplesauce made with Michigan Ida Red apples. Please accept this gift on behalf of all the employees of our company. We hope to continue to build and grow our business relationship with you for years to come. Best regards, Ms. Mom, CEO, CFO and exhausted Head Chef of MomsGreatFoods.com"

Comments

Hillary said…
ok, I'm such a teacher. My first response was that, wow, this kid's got great vobabulary and sentence structure for an eleven year old!!

Oh yeah, and you're such a fun mom! :) Sounds like you're both enjoying the silliness! :)

Popular Posts