Michigan Pay Rate

Yesterday, I received my first paycheck from the temp agency I'm working for. I commented to LM that it wasn't much, but it was nice to see money coming in for a change of pace. He asked how much it was for. "$14.52" I answered. LM looked up from his dinner, stunned.

"What?! Do those people pay you like two cents an hour or something?!?"

I had to laugh. "No, LM. This check is for the brief training I went to last week, not for the full week of work I'm currently doing."

Man, we knew the cost of living was a bit lower in Michigan but two cents an hour?!

Comments

Anonymous said…
They pay 2 cents an hour on the west side of the state?! I only get 1.5 cents/hour here in metro Detroit! ;)
You get 1.5 cents? What have I done with my life?
Mig said…
Is getting paid for training a bonus?

HARDLY!
Katrina said…
Naw, it's only waitresses that make 2 cents an hour...lol! Glad the money flow is starting to trickle again (may the trickle become a flood!)

Popular Posts