Just me with a short update

This trying to find a job while not having internet at home is a pain in the arse. I've learned that you (I) can sit in Fazolli's parking lot and mooch their free wi-fi. I can drive downtown and go to the BIG library but I have to pay a parking meter that is sucking up our very savings. I can go to Panera's, but after buying a lemonade (okay, and a cookie) to assauge my guilt, it turns out their connection totally bites and it's too much of a pain to make my expensive snack worthwhile. Today I found the branch library and here I have sat for the past, well, more than 2 hours uploading cover letters and resumes and completing online applications for every.blasted.company in Kalamazoo. Okay, only seven companies, but it takes HOURS.

I'd love to share pics but I can't find the card reader. I'd love to write about the fun we're having, but, well, I'm too exhausted to be having any. I'd love to tell you all about how wonderful life in Michigan is but at the moment we are without internet, without TV and that means NO FOOTBALL. So, no sanity.

Soon.

Very soon.

(I hope.)

We have a church to visit on Sunday, so that's something. LM loves school, so that's significant. We didn't misplace the dog OR the cat in the move. And despite the fact that the buyer's lawyer is being a MAJOR pain (he seemed to believe I only got divorced last April and demanded proof that's been 7 years...um, where exactly did he get his data?!) it does seem as though next week (Lord willing) the mortgage, I mean, house, will no longer be ours. That will be nice to have behind us.

Hope you are all doing well. I'll have to stop and read another day, I have limited time on the 'puter and job searching is A #1 priority!!

Comments

Katy said…
Yay for having the guts to leave! I am so proud of you, thanks for the update. You should have LM guest blog sometime, in a week or two, about what he thinks of the move. How did you find a place to live so quickly?
I'm just impressed that you managed to blog nearly every day during this whole process.
Jennifer said…
Keep your chin up Amy! God will provide a job (and cable TV which will bring sanity). So glad to hear that LM adjusted so quickly to the new school - good timing on the move since school just started :) I like the idea of having LM guest-blog sometime soon!
jenny said…
Well, you haven't missed anything football related so far because, as we both know, the colts DO NOT COUNT.

Glad you guys are well...wishing you luck on the job search.
Hillary said…
DID YOU SERIOUSLY MOVE TO KALAMAZOO?!?!?!?! Or was that just an expression?

I was just there this summer. I didn't know it was even a real place, and when I discovered it on the map on my way from Grand Rapids to Cincinnati, I HAD to go there! Saying KALAMAZOO just makes me smile every. single. time.

And? I bought a Kazoo there that says Kalamazoo. It's my Kalamazoo Kazoo. How could I NOT love that? I played it along with the radio on long stretches of highway through nothingness to amuse myself.

Aaaaand, now you know what I psycho I am. But. BUT! Yippee-doo for Kalamazoo!

um, and I just shot up a little prayer for you to find a job ASAP.

In Kalamazoo.

Or the city you ACTUALLY live in now. :)
~**Dawn**~ said…
::gasps:: No football?? That's cruel & unusual punishment. Torture with the new season under way. I hope you find yourself a job quickly. So you can again have football. Priorities, ya know? ;-)

Popular Posts