Carpe Diem

Thursday. My favorite day of the week. (Write that down, it’s on the quiz*.) I’m leaving work early today to meet with Orthodontist #2 to find out if the first quote was reasonable and typical. At first I was resentful that I had to take off a half day of work to spend with an orthodontist (my ex is pushing for the second opinion but he doesn’t arrange or attend any of the consultations) but now today the sun is shining, high of 80 degrees and beautiful blue skies, so the appeal of leaving work early is greatly rising! Who needs to save vacation time for an actual vacation anyway?!

LM is coming to the consultation with me (since they’ll need to see his teeth and all, and thus far I haven’t found them to be portable outside of his body). I think we’ll both enjoy playing hooky for the rest of the day then.

I hope that you are all having a great Thursday. Do something wonderful today!

P.S. Anyone out there who watches “Lost” did you not absolutely freak over last night’s episode? Amazing Race wasn’t half bad, either! (How ancient am I that I just used the word “freak” as a verb?)

*Other answers you'll need to know for the quiz include: The Beatles, Fort Polk, D) All the above, a lop-eared bunny, false, "fossil fuel", and tomatoes on the vine.

Comments

SlushTurtle said…
I hope it's an open blog test... I'll never remember all that in my current state of mind!

Good luck at the orth. I'm not looking forward to that age. I hope Guatemalan's have naturally straight teeth! =)
Anonymous said…
Found your blog through Notesonanapkin (I went to college with Katrina). Just wanted to say I enjoy reading your posts. And yes, I thought The Amazing Race had a pretty good ending!
-Lisa
www.livejournal.com/users/lisa39

Popular Posts