It's A Good Thing She Was There

I've mentioned it before, my love language. I'm a Quality Time girl. And this weekend, my dad and second mom blessed me with some quality time with them. They saved us travel costs and expenses and came to visit us after a brief holiday vacation with other grandchildren.

It was really sweet of them.

And for now, since we're still in an apartment, my sister played host, opening up her home so they had a place to stay and eat.

Easter dinner wasn't necessarily a priority for anyone but me, so I offered to put much of the meal together and bring it to my sister's where she has a beautiful dining room where we can all gather.

We stopped after church to change and grab things for the meal and by the time we arrived at my sister's, my second mom was finishing the daisy eggs (deviled to the rest of us) and my sister already had the ham in the oven. She slid in our potato casserole and I put the rolls on baking sheets, but it wasn't yet time for the corn, so I put that in the freezer to wait.

And then I went to visit with my dad.

And visit we did. I was talking with him and my second mom when the next thing I know, Bear is telling us it's time for dinner.

And I thought, dinner? Wait a minute, I am supposed to be cooking the dinner!

And sure enough, the table was set, the food was hot and served on the table, all that was needed was for us to sit down.

And we did. For a wonderful Easter dinner with my family. Which meant the world to me.


I'm hoping this isn't a sign that when I finally have a home of my own where people can stay and I can host dinners such as this, that I will burn the meal or serve it completely cold because I got too busy talking. In any case, it's further proof that my sister's love language is acts of service. And while she might not feel very loved (because I did very little in the end to help!) I hope she knows how loved I feel by her efforts.

Thanks, Jules!!

(P.S. Thanks for the Swiss Maid donut, it was delish!! I apologize for thinking even for a moment that you had not brought any back for the rest of us! YOU ROCK!)

Comments

stacy said…
i think you and your sister have the mary/martha syndrome going. ;o)

Popular Posts