For Those Who Asked

The seller's finally counter-offered 6 days later (and well past the deadline). The counter was ugly. They gave not an inch. It would seem they are in quite a bind, owing significantly more than the house is worth.

So here I sit.

I've been praying that God would be very clear about what He wants me to do. Without a shadow of a doubt, I knew this was the right house, but I don't know if this is the right time. We're kind of pushing things to get in and I hate to jump into a mortgage when I'm working 10 months out of the year at a silly hourly rate without benefits. But, then again, I have done the math and believe we can make it work, even if it is a tight budget.

I guess I just don't know what God is saying. I'm trying to be still and listen but my heart is saying I LOVE THIS HOUSE and my head is saying ARE YOU CRAZY?! and my soul is saying, God takes care of things when it is done for His glory, and well, I'm left with a whole bundle of I know not what to do's.

What would make this easier? If there was any hope that I'd be teaching full-time in the fall (but local districts are laying off). If I had a bit more money in the bank than I do. Even if I had a part-time job that just brought in a little extra cash.

So I'm praying and I'm thinking and I'll have to get back to the seller in a couple of days but until then, I'm waiting on God. And I'm hoping He speaks loudly.

Comments

Katrina said…
I hope the answer comes, and I hope it's loud enough to hear! (So many times in my life, I've wished God used registered mail!)
Jennifer said…
Girl, I can totally comprehend this and understand the dilemma! Michael & I are right there with you - trying to wait on God and listen for his still, small voice. But we are ultra-frustrated as we have found our dream-home, know it fits within our budget, but cannot get the pre-qualification because of 10 lousy points! Its a hard spot to be in - knowing what you want and having it be just out of reach. I am praying for you, since I know we are walking the same road right now. God will be with you, one step at a time!

Popular Posts