Robbed

Earlier in the week I stopped by my local bank to make an appointment with the mortgage guy. I'm not ready to buy a house yet, but I wanted to ask a few questions so I'd be ready when the time came.

We set up an appointment at the branch in the town where I work for the following afternoon. The weather was predicted to be bad and there was a possibility I wouldn't even be at work the next day so the man let me know that if the weather was bad and I didn't have to work, I could meet him in the morning at my local branch instead.

We didn't end up getting the blizzard they predicted and so I met with the man at the branch after school the next day. As he shook my hand and welcomed me into his office he said, "It's a good thing you didn't end up meeting me at your branch this morning. We were robbed."

"What?!" I exclaimed. I couldn't believe I had missed out on the opportunity to witness a bank robbery.

He went on to tell me all about it. How he had been helping a client at his desk and had come around to their side of the table to show them something and so he actually didn't see anything happen at all. He only heard it when someone ran and locked the door and yelled. It was then that he realized what had just happened. And so he had calmly told the people he was working with that they would need to make themselves comfortable because the bank had apparently just been robbed and no one would be allowed to leave until the police arrived to question everyone. The teller was shook up but he said, "after some pizza she was fine and went back to work." It was her second time being held up, it would seem. The first time had been at gun point.

I interjected that if my life ever involved a gun to my head I'd probably change career paths.

In any case, while my meeting with the gentleman went well, I was saddened to think that I missed out on my once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be present during a bank robbery. Who knew you got pizza afterwards?

Comments

Jennifer said…
Holy Schnikies!!! Personally, that is a thrill I could live without...I'd rather go buy my own pizza ;) Glad you were safe...even if disappointed.
Katrina said…
Wow, that's crazy! And despite your wistfulness at missing out on a one-of-a-kind life experience, I'm really glad you weren't there!

Pizza? Really? That's kinda cool. (But I'm with Jennifer--I'd rather buy my own.)
stacy said…
awww, shucks. you miss all the fun! better luck next time. ;o)

(i never knew about the pizza! i had a radio stolen out of my car once, but they never gave me pizza.)

Popular Posts