Not Since October 16th

I had given up. A long time ago in fact. As of mid-October, I had quit the fight and given up. My two fantasy football teams were barely getting by. I didn't have TV so I couldn't even watch the games. I had no idea who was injured, who was off the roster, who was having a great week or who to bench. So I quit. You can't just leave a league, though, so I just left my roster alone and stopped checking in.

I had some offers for trades that I considered. I mean, if I wasn't playing the guys, shouldn't someone else get the points? But I decided that was unfair. If I off-loaded any good players, then wasn't that creating an unbalanced system? So I just left it alone.

I only kept up on the progress of one of the two teams because friends play on that league and they would send me the occasional email saying "good luck this week!" or "Can't believe you lost that one!" In general, I got the impression that my team was continuing to tank and that was all fine by me.

It wasn't until today, however, when I received the final email from the commissioner of the other league that I found out how I fared in the second league. When I logged in to the site, I barely remembered my log in or password. Humoring Flash, I looked up my last team transaction and found the last time I had moved any of my players around was October 16th. And that's when I saw the Commish's last posting. Congratulating ME as the Champion of 2008-2009 Fantasy Football. I double checked to make sure I had read it correctly. And then I started laughing so hard I had tears.

Me. I won. The league. Without moving, trading, rearranging or dropping any of my players for the past THREE months. I won.

It's just further proof that you really don't need any skill to win these things.

3 leagues in two years. Two Championships. I expect ESPN to be calling any day now.

Comments

Popular Posts