Cruise Pics

(There are actually two children that do not belong to our family getting their picture taken with Mickey and Pluto at this moment, but since our kids were too scared, this was the shot I got!)

My dad and step mom who made the cruise possible. Thanks so much to you both! What a wonderful time with all our family (well, minus one!)

This was our boat as we approached the harbor.

Luckily, this was not our boat.

My favorite moments from the cruise were spent watching the sun rise over the ocean every morning at 6am.

My brother G, wistfully missing his new girlfriend.
Or was he puking over the edge? Hmm...hard to tell...


Swimming was the second best part of the cruise for LM.


We had to travel into international waters for my family to play ping pong. (In the background, you can see my dad playing my brother G, in the foreground is my sister and George playing against an unseen Bear.)


There was a beer tasting. I was there as the Designated Walker - My stepsister, Bear, brother, G, and stepbrother all represented the Midwest Drinkers Association well.


It's hard to see, but LM is actually standing below this television screen (in front of a pool). We watched Monday Night Football poolside with drinks in hand. Ahhh...does it get any better?

Castaway Cay held lots of wonders, including Captain Jack Sparrow's Flying Dutchman
(from the movie!!)
Docked at Castaway, waiting to parasail
(which, unfortunately, never happened due to inclement weather!)

On the island, there was swimming by those brave enough to face the cooooold cold water!

K hunted seashells.

Little Bird took a break after snorkeling.

Annie braided Little Bird's hair.

LM's favorite part of the cruise? Feeding the sting rays. It was really awesome!

George, keeping warm after a swim.

Little Bird was primarily interested in autographs from princesses, but she occasionally made an exception. A man with a hook can be very persuasive!

Pirate Night at Dinner. Shuby rocked as a pirate! (Shuby (my step brother's son) got his nickname for responding with a confident and cheerful "Sh'You Betcha!" anytime he was asked something!)

LM and Captain Jack Sparrow.

All you can eat ice cream 24/7 was a BIG hit with George and A.

My type-A personality, can't sit still for a minute, daquiri drinking but in denial ("Boy these smoothies are awesome for not having any alcohol!") sister, Jules.

After the cruise we stayed at the Nickelodeon Hotel and met SpongeBob! (You can just feel LM's excitement, can'tcha?)
LM did stand underthe slime waterfall.

We played mini-golf, although Dad cheated by taking in a practice round before we started and Jules claimed we didn't keep score (is she related to us?! Not keep score?! Are you kidding?!)

How could anyone have a bad time around a face like this?

Time to sail away home.

Comments

Jennifer said…
Awesome pics! They totally made me jealous :) Next time, invite me along, k?
Anonymous said…
Beautiful shots of what was clearly a heckuva vacation. Glad you were able to go!
Sarah Louise said…
I feel more relaxed just having looked at those pix. Glad you had a good time, glad you're back!

SL
shayze said…
Looks like you had a great time!
Katrina said…
Those photos are GORGEOUS! You make me want to book a cruise leaving tomorrow! (Of course, I'd have to put it on my credit card...)

Thanks for sharing!
Mig said…
What an awesome vacation you had.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
Jules said…
Aww, wow. That's totally great. I'm so glad you shared that. Now I know where I want to go on my (next) vacation. A cruise sounds wonderful.
Amy said…
I will say this: If you have kids, and if you like Disney, a Disney cruise is really cool. For me, I'm not much of a cruise sort of a person, and the motion of the boat and the activities weren't really of my interest. We were extremely dependent upon good weather for the one day we got off the boat (and we didn't get it) which took away some from the overall vacation in my book. I had a FANTASTIC time with my family, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't choose to cruise again. Just my two cents.
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts