Please Don't...

...complain about it being Valentine's Day.

We're thankful all year through, but especially on Thanksgiving.
We're giving all year through, but especially on Christmas.
We're kind all year through, but especially on someone's birthday.
We love our mom's all year through, but especially on Mother's Day.

Yes, we should be loving all year long. But can't we also spread a little extra love today, too?

Now, I'm no proponent of Hallmark. I don't encourage materialism on any other holiday so I won't start now. But I also don't think love has to cost a dime. That said, sometimes it's nice to do more than just say the words; sometimes it's really nice to do them.

After all, love is a verb.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Comments

Mig said…
A Great Big Hug from my Family to yours!!!!

:-)
Anonymous said…
Awww, that's enough to make me not completely hate Valentine's day :)

You are right - a little extra love never hurts!
Jennifer said…
Michael & I very rarely spend money on each other for Valentine's Day, since we are usually too broke to do so :) But, we do try to have at least a date-night - which we actually do twice a month anyway - tomorrow we'll go to someplace that we don't usually go to though, so it's a little bit more special, I guess. But really, other than the 14th being my dad's birthday (and his 60th at that!), and the fact that the kids come home from school super-hyped-up on sugar, the 14th of February isn't really any different than any other day for us :) But, I have to confess that I love the extra attention that I might get!
Jennifer said…
P.S. Michael says that Valentine's day is just another date that sets him up for failure - I married a hopeless romantic :(
Hillary said…
Amen! Wow, I never really thought about it like that! I'm totally going to use your argument the next time someone starts ranting about V-Day! :)

Popular Posts