It's My Fault

While it would be easy to blame Tom Brady the imposter, the one who was at the SuperBowl last night but was clearly NOT the Tom Brady we have come to know and love, for the tremendous loss - no, loss doesn't even describe what occurred last night - meltdown? humiliation? debacle? I must admit, it really is my fault and my fault alone.

You see, earlier in the season, when the pundits started whispering about "the perfect season" I may have not- so-quietly quipped that I wished the Pats would lose - just one - but lose, nontheless. Because in my mind, I hate to see cheaters prosper and even if half a dozen other teams in the league (or more) were doing exactly what the Pats were caught doing, commonality doesn't make it right. And so I might have said, "just lose one". Might have. I'm just saying.

So for those of you like me, who were screaming at your television set last night; for those of you, who, like me, may have thrown a thing or two in the direction of the television; for everyone who was still shaking their head in complete disbelief even today, you can blame me.

I am so sorry. I never intended for the ONE game to be the BIGGEST game of them all.

Be careful what you wish for.

(If for some chance it was not my wish that made it so, it may very well have been the RED sweatshirt Bill was wearing on the sidelines last night. Everyone knows you don't suddenly change the color after you've won 18 in a row!!! Stick with the grey, Coach!)

Comments

stacy said…
awww, sorry about the game, amy! i went to a small super bowl gathering, but i must admit that i was more interested in the buffalo wings and chex mix than the actual game.
Katrina said…
There was much weeping and gnashing of teeth at our Superbowl Party after that fiasco. I haven't heard the Imposter Brady theory, but now that you mention it, that would explain a lot...

At least there was a party at the Manning Mansion last night. It was fun to see Peyton's reactions from his seat in the box.
~**Dawn**~ said…
Here's a tidbit for you & some food for thought:

The only other time Bill wore that atrocity was in November 2006. When we played a humiliating game against the Colts & lost.

I think the imposter was the man in *red* (I partially explain Brady's stunningly bad performace on the fact that he played with a negative o-line) and I am starting to suspect it was Bill Polian in a Belichick costume on the New England sideline. How else do you explain the decision to go for it on fourth & thirteen in field goal range?!
Newlywife said…
Holy Hell! I totally said at the start of the game that Bill should not be wearing that red sweatshirt! I mean, who tries something NEW on such a huge game day?

Also, I have to say, it was poor form for Bill to run off the field with another play left. He left his guys out there alone. I think the red sweatshirt really made him crazy!
jenny said…
I seem to remember this comment, about losing ONE game.

So, now we know.

Another theory gaining popularity (in my own mind) is that in order to make all present and current spygate items a non-issue, Belichick promised Roger Goodell that they would NOT win the super bowl - even though they clearly had the talent to do so.

No?

Popular Posts