DogHer

I realize there's some big blogging conference (BlogHer) going on somewhere right about now but to be honest, I couldn't care less. I attended my tenth high school reunion. I don't care to do it again.

To that end, I applaud those who blog simply to blog. Those who write because it makes a difference in themselves, not because they think 40 readers will find it funny or because they hope to quit their day job to blog professionally. I read some of the "big time" blogs, but the minute they ask me to fill out a survey for their advertisers I realize their heart isn't in the same place that mine is. I write simply to write. I don't care if I have 2 readers or 22. I don't always comment on what I read and I don't expect everyone to comment on what they read here. It just is. And that is just perfect for me.

And that is why, every day, my favorite blog is Oliver. Void of pretention or intention it simply is joy.

Comments

Cindy said…
Thanks for saying what I've been thinking.
blackbird said…
I am somewhere in the middle, sorry to say...
I do write 'just for me,' but I'll admit to enjoying the comments and the growing audience.
I don't have delusions that my blog will ever pay for anything though.
Anonymous said…
I love the Oliver blog!
Unknown said…
ditto on writing to write. which might explain my lack of updates. i haven't felt much like writing lately. *sigh*
Anonymous said…
i'm with you on writing for yourself and no one else

Popular Posts