Copycat

Amanda (Orchestrated Happenstance) and I share a love for the Pivot Questionnaire (best known from "Inside the Actor's Studio"). She posted today her answers and asked readers to share theirs. I had to really give some of these questions thought, but for now, here are my responses:

What is your favorite word? Joy

What is your least favorite word? hate

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Moments of majesty or grace.

What turns you off? Ambivalence, arrogance, anything done to excess.

What is your favorite curse word? I rarely, if ever use it myself, but when someone uses the word “Bastards!” in a sarcastic tone it cracks me up every time.

What sound or noise do you love? Children laughing, a distant lawn mower, the sigh of a horse.

What sound or noise do you hate? Listening to a neighbors air conditioning compressor when you have your windows open in the summer.

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Photography or perhaps writing children’s books.


What profession would you not like to do? Anything mundane or lacking any socialization. Any sort of fishing.

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “Welcome home! Your mom can’t wait to give you a hug!”

Comments

anika said…
Ugh fishing is definitely the sux. I agree.
Unknown said…
my least favorite word? lethargic. something about the way it sounds ...

but hate is a good answer too, if you're trying to take the more socially responsible route.

:)
Amy said…
I actually don't like the word 'hate' because I think it's a cop-out. I think there are better, more specific ways to express what people feel instead of using the blanket word "hate". It's very similar to 'love' in that we can love chocolate and love our mothers but that isn't the same, is it? Same with 'hate'. We might feel strongly against something for a legitimate reason but to say we 'hate' it just doesn't suffice.

Popular Posts