Unfortunately

The office bought lunch today, unfortunately I just had a cavity filled at noon and my jaw is too numb to eat without risking great personal injury. (I surrendered my hoagie to a co-worker who wasn’t offered a free lunch today.)

Gabers finally chose to eat which means the antibiotics have kicked in and he’s finally feeling better than he has in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, while the weather is perfect right at this moment, we’re expecting thunderstorms right about the time I leave work and well into the evening. No trip to the bark park for us tonight!

I finally received my 2005 year-end bonus from my previous job after much ado about proving that I was actually employed through the last working day in December. Unfortunately, Uncle Sam took such a chunk out of it that it’s not nearly the sizeable chunk of “found money” that it might have been.

On the fourth attempt, I think my ophthalmologist has finally gotten my contact lens prescription almost perfect. Unfortunately, everyone at the office now thinks I look better with my glasses.

Two of my co-workers that share the “new” office space with me were out on Friday and Monday leaving me completely by myself for the duration. Unfortunately, the one that returned to work today is not the one that can funnel projects to me so I am bored silly for yet ANOTHER day at work.

My favorite pair of jeans is finally worn in enough that they are perfectly comfortable right out of the dryer. Unfortunately, this means they are also starting to wear THROUGH in certain places and I really should replace them before anything embarrassing occurs.

Following my friend Stacy’s good advice, I baked cookies and LM took them to our downstairs neighbors over the weekend in an effort to win them over. Unfortunately, the single guy that lives a few doors down wasn’t home for me to try the same approach!

Thanks to some of my co-workers for doing the necessary “homework”, I’ve been kept informed of all the hidden nuances of the show “Lost”. Unfortunately, the producers have decided to postpone airing any new episodes for the last few weeks and I’ve now forgotten what I need to pay attention to.

The orthodontist we originally consulted with was kind enough to let me take the molds and x-rays to another orthodontist for a second opinion (second confirmation, really). Unfortunately, the delay in getting the process started may mean it has to be put off since LM will spend much of the summer away from home (g’parents don’t want to deal with milkshakes for dinner and motrin every 4 hours for a month) – meaning his teeth that are trying to come in could continue to wreak havoc until the fall.

Last evening, while walking Gabe, a really, really, cute guy proclaimed what a cool dog I have. Unfortunately, the guy was riding by on his motorcycle and didn’t stop to chat!

Comments

Emily said…
Ah yes, you have the gift for finding the dark lining to that silver cloud, as I often do :)

By the way, I wish you were my neighbor... :) Mmmm cookies.
Bearca said…
yes, cookies... yum. Now I want to make some tonight!!
Newlywife said…
Isn't it weird that all the cute guys are always on the move or likewise indisposed at the very moment you could glance flirtingly in their direction...
Katrina said…
What is with "Lost", anyway? I'm thinking it's some bizarre psychological experiment to see how many of us will still be watching after another season of this whacked out viewing schedule.

I wish it wasn't so fun to watch!

Popular Posts