It's Only One In Seven - Right?

I do not want to blog today.
I have nothing good at all to say.
I’m tired, I’m sick, I’m grumpy, I’m mean.
I’m so sick and tired I’d like to scream.

My job still sucks, that’s nothing new.
I’d like to have something fun to do.
I finish my work in ten minutes flat
The rest of the day is spent bored off my ass.

It might be payday but I’m already broke
I have enough left for the month to buy me a coke
Bills to pay, presents to buy
My visa bill makes me want to cry.

The dog wants out, the kid wants fed
There’s a pain in my side and one in my head.
I can’t go to bed it’s only ten past eight
But it’s dark outside and it feels so late.

I wish someone were here to bring me some snacks
To hold my hand and rub my back
To bring me some soup, say it’ll be okay
It’s almost over, it’s just a Monday.

Tomorrow will be better, it has to be I’m sure
But for this case of the doldrums, I’m afraid there’s no cure
I’ll suffer through, I’ll try to survive
A better blog tomorrow, at least I promise to strive

So goodnight fellow bloggers, goodnight to you all
Sleep well on Hallow’s Eve, sleep well through it all
Tomorrow is a fair Tuesday, a better day I hope
If nothing else it’s not Monday, and with that, I can cope.

Comments

Popular Posts