When Scheduling is Your Job

I had a call from the Assistant Principal yesterday. It turns out there was an altercation with LM in Computer Applications class yesterday. We talked about the incident - minor, really - and I happened to mention that it's hard for LM because the material they are covering in C.A. is so easy for him. She suggested we move him to another computer class. I replied that I was unaware there was another computer class. "There's the 8th grade C.A. class," she responded.

"What will he take in 8th grade then?" I asked.

She didn't have an answer. She finally said he'd probably have to repeat the class. I politely suggested that wasn't much of a solution to the problem then.

So today LM goes to school and is approached by his counselor after 5th hour. "After lunch, go to your new computer class."

LM replied, "I didn't know I had a new computer class."

"Yes, you're in the 8th grade class now."

LM, aware of my conversation with the Assistant Principal, and the fact that I didn't think moving him was a good option to begin with, shrugged and headed to lunch.

After lunch, for 6th hour, he headed to his new computer class. It was already in session. The teacher told him to just "take a seat in the back and do the typing progam" which he did. And 20 minutes later, the bell rang. Because it was time for 8th grade lunch. And the teacher announced to LM that this wouldn't work at all because this was also her lunch hour. LM shrugged. And went back to his counselor and explained the problem.

And the counselor said, "oh, yeah, that won't work, will it?"

I think the best solution is to just let LM run the school at this point. He's clearly got the smarts for it.

Comments

Hillary said…
hehehe... d'oh! They should make him a TA for his class!
Jennifer said…
Yes it is sad that the people currently running things are the people we graduated with - well maybe not with, but graduated at the same time! So many of them are morons...just think what the next generation of kiddos will be like! I am betting that LM could talk circles around many other kiddos his age - he'll be running things soon enough, just tell him to hang in there a little longer ;)

Popular Posts