Twelve

I just can't figure out where the years have gone. Today, LM turns 12. My martian speaking Heybub; my cord-loving little boy; the one who would clap every time he heard music, even at the grocery store; my boy who could read Cat in the Hat at 4; my Little Man is 12. TWELVE. A dozen years have gone by in a blink.

Tomorrow, we will party. Today, we will savor our time together (and by time together, I mean LM playing his new PS2 game, until he opens his gift from his father (Nintendo DS) and then watching a couple movies together). Tomorrow, we will have 30+ people from school and church join us for a swim party provided by my sister. (Yeah, she's cool like that.) and then we will have LM's favorite meal out at my sister's house (burger on the grill, corn on the cob and fruit salad).

Hug your children. Love every single moment you have with them. Treasure the tears, the sorrow, the heartache, the joy the preciousness of the everyday. It's going by way too fast. Tomorrow he will be gone.

But today, we will celebrate.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's hard to believe it's been 12 years!!! I remember his first b-day like it was yesterday! Time flies! Good thing it's only LM that's aged 12 years, I'm sure in adult years it's only been a couple of years. LOL Am I still 26?
stacy said…
*~*hApPy BiRtHdAy*~* hope "12" is a gReAt year for you, LM!

from all of the Z's on the farm!
Katrina said…
"Tomorrow he will be gone." You are so making me weep with these posts! Gah! *sniff!*

Popular Posts