Time in a Bottle

This morning, as most mornings go, I stood at the bus stop before the sun has risen with Eli at my side to see LM off for his school day. And this morning as every morning, we said goodbye and I headed back to the house with the dog.

Only it struck me this morning.

LM says, "Love ya!" first to me as he boards the bus. And I always respond with "Love you, too!" I've always let him say it first as it's his dignity at stake (even if there are only three witnesses to his proclamation including me).

I wonder, as my boy turns 12 tomorrow, how many more days do I have until he won't say it anymore? How many more days until he's embarrassed that I say it at all? How many more days will he even let me walk him to the bus each day?

How many more days do I have to cherish these moments?

Please let them be many.

Please.

Comments

Jennifer said…
Happy Birthday LM!!! May you have a blessed year, and may the "Love Ya's!" flow freely :)
Katrina said…
Yes, please. I am praying the same prayer, my friend.

Popular Posts