The Concert II

This time I took witnesses. While I'm not known to be a liar, or prone to hyperbole, I'm not sure my family quite believed what a nightmare LM's school's first concert was. This time, there would be no doubt.

And let me tell ya, the school did not let me down. Or wait, it did. Or, well, I mean...


it was equally as bad as the first, but LM's group was equally redeemable.


The sixth grade band performed. It reminded you of, well, a beginning band.


The orchestra performed. They were second and third year students and they reminded you of, well, a beginning orchestra (gotta feel sorry for the students in it for the third year and still playing the basic songs!)


The choir sang, or croaked, or well, they did something but I'm not sure I can call it singing. The director was (as before) completely entralled with her students and seemed to completely miss the point of CHOIR (things like harmony, rhythym, good song selection, etc. seem to evade her curriculum).


But then LM's band director took over. A brass quintet performed. And performed well.


And LM's Concert Band performed.



VERY well.


And we all breathed a sigh of relief that at the very least, LM isn't interested in choir or orchestra, because at his school, apparently only band is the success it should be. We celebrated with the traditional ice cream and the joy of having family there together to support LM's music.

Comments

Jennifer said…
Tonight we had ice cream for absolutely no celebratory reason whatsoever - a special trip to the local DQ in our jammies :) But, like Katrina says, ice cream makes everything better; I'm sure it soothed your troubled souls and calmed the noise in your ears. So glad that LM and his band didn't let you all down!!!
Katrina said…
Way to go, LM and Co! As an aside, I have to say how amazing it has been watching LM grow up in the photos on your blog! I can hardly believe how fast our kids change. :)

Popular Posts