Family Obligations

Be careful what your sister volunteers for.
Jules got involved in building a local playground a year or so ago.
Her involvement grew over the months and by the actual build last weekend, she was in charge of some 600 volunteers!
To show their support, Dad and Judy came up from Tennessee to help in any way they could and I put in a few hours as well.
In five days, with the help of some amazing leadership, the playground was built.

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday
Sunday

The Grand Opening Sunday Evening

For a family obligation that I didn't have any interest in, wasn't in my town, and wasn't something I volunteered for, I sure had a lot of fun!!

Bear was an awesome captain! He was fun to work for and with and never yelled at me - not even when I left my common sense at home!

The only way to have some quality time with Dad was to pick up a hammer and help!
For a retired guy, he sure does work hard (and long hours, too!)

Judy was an amazing help. She played chauffeur, babysitter, homework checker, head chef for the family and even put her artistic skills to the test painting a bulldozer!

While it was a lot of work, it was a lot of fun, too. I was exhausted just from the few short days I worked on the project. I'm not sure how my sister or Bear are still standing upright after all the months of work they put into the project! The reason for Julie and Bear's dedication to the project was easy to see:

Smiles

and smiles

and a pirate cheer!

Multiply the happiness of these three times the hundreds of kids that will enjoy this playground for years and years to come

and I hope Jules will always look back on this hard work with pride and joy.

This project never felt like an obligation to me. I was proud to work alongside my family, and honored to help my sister in some small way. The contribution Jules and Bear made to their community through this project will be felt for generations to come.

It truly is Kids Paradise.

Comments

Popular Posts