Slave Labor

"Hey, LM, while you're up, could you hand me my library book from my teacher's bag?"

"Sure, Mom."

"Oh, LM? I also need my glasses from my pocketbook."

"I'm beginning to understand why you wanted kids, Mom."

"You're finally catching on, LM."

"But what would you have done if you didn't have me?"

"I would have had other kids, LM."

"Yeah, but what if you didn't have other kids to be your slaves?"

"I would have adopted."

"Yeah, but what if you had NO kids whatsoever to fetch things for you?

"Well, LM, I guess I would have spent more time training the dog."

Comments

Katrina said…
Oh, no! He's onto us--the secret parental agenda has been compromised... Next thing you know, you'll be cruelly subjecting him to dirty dishes or laundry or something!
stacy said…
slave labor? no, it's not like that, we are teaching them responsibility and helpfulness and life skills...yeah, life skills. do ya think we want to sit here on the couch while you run to the kitchen to get us a soda? no, we are doing it all for you, in the name of good parenting...

Popular Posts