If It's Good Enough for God

In preparation for our Christmas celebration tomorrow night (LM is off to spend the holiday with his dad's side of the family early Saturday morning) I headed to the kitchen to make cake. As part of our family holiday traditions, I bake an angel food birthday cake in honor of Christ's birthday each year.

Only the cake pan is in a box in Julie's barn.

When I call to tell her I'll be climbing up in the barn tomorrow when I drop off the kids, I interrupt her pie-baking. We talk for a few minutes and I realize she's making a lemon meringue pie from scratch (two of them, actually) to take to her outlaw's for their Christmas celebration this weekend.

From scratch.

I told her that God gave Betty Crocker a gift. A talent to share with the world. And that I certainly thought that a pre-made or bakery-made or even a store-bought pie filling would be good enough for her outlaws. I mean, if a boxed cake mix is good enough for Jesus, isn't it good enough for Bear's family?

Comments

Jen said…
Funny! I've never even made a pie, no less from scratch. You're right, we all have our talents.
Jennifer said…
Amen!!!! I do just about nothing from scratch...if it comes in a box and makes my life easier, then it was invented just for me :)

Popular Posts