Wouldn't Trade it For the World

Today is my sister's birthday. It usually means a card went in the mail a week ago and today I made a phone call to wish her a great one and to hear about her day.

Not today.

Today I spoke with her around one, when she called to talk about various things, none of which were really her birthday. We didn't have to talk about her birthday, we were going to be a part of it.

LM and I went over to Jules' house around 3:30 after picking up the cake(s) (more on that later). I helped Jules work on her Christmas cards and we laughed and enjoyed a call from Dad. The whole gang of us went out to dinner together and then back home for cake and present opening. Knowing my sister was onto the plan that I was making her birthday cake, and after she took the time to tell me exactly what kind to make, I decided to shake up the plans a bit. I had gone to Cold Stone Creamery to order her a cake, but was overwhelmed with options. I ended up ordering seven MINI-cakes, all different flavors. Seven? Yes, seven. I thought there were four other people joining the six of us, but there weren't. So we had a lot. I'll post pictures at some point so you can see how amazing these little cakes were.

I had so much fun sharing part of the day with my sister and sharing cake and presents with her. It's how a birthday should be: full of laughter and family. Happy Birthday, Jules!! Thanks for letting us share in your special day!

Comments

~**Dawn**~ said…
Ya know, I'm thinking there's really no such thing as too much ice cream cake. =)

Go Patriots!
Mig said…
Ummm ... so ...

I like cake. Send some my way so you don't feel like you have to eat all of them.

:-)
Anonymous said…
It was a wonderful birthday and THANKS so much to you and Jacob for making it that way! I had a great time . . and the cake. . better than I ever could have imagined!!! I'm already thinking about what kind to have tonight!!! I'm sure the saying is "feed a cold. . . " Love ya!

Popular Posts