He Knew

...that I broke a spatula a couple weeks ago. And so he bought me a new one (and an extra!) for Christmas.

...that we broke our favorite wooden spoon making applesauce this year. And so he bought me a new one f(and an extra!) for Christmas.

...that you cannot lie to Mom. So he bought me a plaque for Christmas that says, "You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool Mom."

...that I love York Peppermint Patties right from the freeer, so he wrapped some and led me to the freezer with a clue under the tree.

...that I don't have salt and pepper shakers and that I might be embarrased if we ever had company over for dinner. So he bought me a set.

...that he accidentally broke my small Pyrex glass measuring cup (in our pre-microwave days) and so he bought me a new one.

...that I love Hershey's with almonds, so he tucked one in my stocking.

...that our attempt to make homemade moose munch at Thanksgiving didn't go so well, so he bought me some of that, too.

...that I love plants, so he conspired with Nana and bought me a beautiful Ivy topiary for Christmas.

...that I love the little things about Christmas, so he wrote funny things on the tags and made a game out of some gifts.

...that I have a sense of humor, so he sang the "cha-cha-cha" part with George when we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus. (Forgive me, Heavenly Father. First, a store-bought cake, and second the Scooby-Doo Birthday song...)

...that Thank-You notes are a big deal to me, so he wrote them during the ride to Ohio today without complaint.

...that this was an extra special Christmas for us, spent with my sister and her family here in Michigan, and hugged me several times and thanked me for such a great Christmas after the evening was over.

...that I would miss him terribly over the next two weeks while he spends time with his grandparents and his dad and so he jumped out of my car and threw his stuff into Nana's and never even hugged me goodbye.

Well, I'll forgive the last one. But I'll hug him extra tight when he returns back home.

Thanks, LM for the best Christmas ever. You know me so well and shared such a special day with me. Enjoy your time with your dad and I'll see you in two weeks!

Comments

Mig said…
Awwww, I had to reread that last one ... cuz he was doing so good ya know.

I hope the weeks go by quick for you.

Merry Christmas!!!!
Hillary said…
Awww! What a sweetheart! He's one gem of a kid!!!
Jennifer said…
So glad that you had such a wonderful Christmas with LM! We had a great one too...with Alex picking out gifts for each of us this year, with a little help from his Little Papa :) I love the fact that he's getting older and cannot wait to see what he does for us when he's as old as LM!
ramblin' girl said…
Very, very sweet! Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas!
~**Dawn**~ said…
I am just getting caught up on blogs now that things have settled down after the holidays. What an awesome kiddo you're raising. =)

Popular Posts