What Christmas Means to Me

Little Gifts that Mean A Lot
LM didn't think I'd get him drum sticks, despite the
fact that he's drumming on everything with everything.
Since I kept discouraging him from buying a set
(because I already had a pair for Christmas)
he thought I just didn't want him to have any.

Seeing LM Just Shake His Head
When once again, I try to ingrain in his mind that
he is a Wolverine (Go Blue!)

Reminders of Jenny
My mom used to always tuck animals in the tree,
write something funny on the gift tags,
or create a game out of finding your present.
I love bringing memories of her into our holiday.
Having Three Kids to Spoil
Need I say more?

Funny Little Moments
George and Maggie, both banned from the kitchen.
Like two peas in a pod.

Laughter
Whether it's G playing Dance Dance Revolution
or finally getting my sister to play cards
I never laugh nearly as much as I do when
I'm around my family.

Seeing Loved Ones We Haven't Seen in Awhile
Including Maggie. The life of the party.

Nerf Dart Wars
Let's just say all my years of saying "we don't play with guns"
or "don't shoot that at people"
went completely down the drain when we
were fighting for bullets and running through the house
shooting at each other
and laughing too hard to aim straight.

Being Together
We're so very different but we have so much fun together.
Remembering the Reason
There's no greater gift than salvation,
no time will ever be as joyous or fun as an eternity in heaven together,
no love as real or complete as that from our Heavenly Father.
I hope you all had a holiday season as blessed and
full of joy and peace as mine has been.
I wish everyone a joyous 2008
where I encourage you to make people a priority in your life.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have to say the nerf gun wars were so funny! Wish Santa had brought two more sets of that. . .wow. . .what chaos that would have been! Jules
Mig said…
Awwww Amy that is so sweet.
I love this post. :-)
jenny said…
Love the picture of your nephew and the dog - banned from the kitchen. Totally cute.

And doesn't LM know that Tom Brady is a Michigan guy? Or, even worse, doesn't he care....?
Katrina said…
Wow. LM is just growing up right before our eyes! It looks like you had a very special Christmas!

Popular Posts