Tagged

I was tagged. Katrina asked about my favorite places to eat. Oh, and she limited me to just FIVE. This is harder than it would seem.

The rules are as follows:

1. Name and link to the person who tagged you.
2. Name the state and country where you reside.
3. Name your five favorite local restaurants.
4. Tag others.

And, as usual, I am going to take exception to at least one of the rules. (That's just how I roll.)

First, I was tagged by the wonderful, ever creative, Katrina. Again (stepping on my soap box) if you don't read this woman's blog every day, you are missing a smile, a laugh, a dropped jaw in amazement, a co-conspirator nod every single day. Secondly, I live in Pennsylvania, USA, but that will have little to do with my favorite restaurants (my exception).

My five favorite restaurants are:
1. Arthur's Garden Deli in Rock Island, IL. Maybe it's because my friend Stacy is emailing me job opportunities 'back home' in Illinois, but the thought of a baked potato, or hot ham and cheese, or maybe their salad bar, or any of the concoction sandwiches my ex used to create there, but I could really go for some Arthurs. Of course I'd need some bagel chips, fruit salad and soda to go along with it!!
2. Cheddar's. Again, a restaurant from my former life. Cheddars is the place we went to in college, the place we went to when we were first married, the place we took Jacob when he was just days old (so he could meet our favorite waitress - hi Michelle!), the place I even met dear friends on a return visit home from PA. Cheddars is the only restaurant I know with a pork tenderloin sandwich. The place I consumed as much Thousand Island dressing as possible when I was pregnant. The place where we always ate at half price (did I mention Michelle?)
3. Paganini's in Doylestown, PA. The first nice restaurant we ate at when we moved out to PA. I've only eaten there perhaps three or four times in the 9 years we've lived here, but it's just divine. It's the whole experience. The restaurant is in a rennovated house, with little nooks and hide-a-way spots for tables. The food is melt-in-your mouth good. The servers walk around with warm fresh bread delivered to your bread plate while you dine. Great atmosphere, great food, great memories.
4. McGinnis Landing in Kalamazoo, MI. There isn't anything really remarkable about this restaurant. The food is typical American. It's just that eating there means I'm with my family and that's always a good time. I can remember a time in particular when I was forced to don a HUGE green ten gallon cowboy hat while the staff sang a little birthday jingle to me. Even that memory cannot dampen the joy I feel when I think of being there surrounded by the kids.
5. Calhoon's in Tennessee. I don't know exactly what town Calhoon's finds itself mainly because we usually go by boat. Again, the restaurant itself isn't remarkable, it's the journey there. Out boating with the family, travelling to the restaurant together. The last time our dinner took far longer than expected and we had to navigate home in the pitch dark. Even so, I'd love to be on my way to Calhoon's tonight. (I know the rest of my family will probably head there sometime this week as they are all together in TN. Enjoy some ribs for me!)

If nothing else, this meme tells you a) I'm hungry and b) I'm homesick. I'm just having a little trouble lately putting my finger on exactly where 'home' is.

Comments

Sarah Louise said…
Snooty librarian says: You didn't tag anyone, and you let LM's name slip, just in case that's something you worry about.

I AM SO BORED AT WORK!! (That won't last.)
Katrina said…
Oh, dear! How out of conrol has my summer gotten that it has taken me THIS LONG to read your meme! Forgive me, friend. And thank you for the sweet warm fuzzies about my blog--they made my day!

Your post made me hungry, too--ribs would just hit the spot right now (is that legal before ten in the morning?)

Popular Posts