Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The Rollercoaster

I took part of my savings and paid off my car.

I emptied the house of the huge stack of boxes our custodian had given me.

I should have known.

I don't know anything of significance yet, and it could all still fall to pieces, but after the sellers walked away and declined our last offer, they came back a couple days ago and asked if we'd offer again. This time they are taking it to the bank with hopes of a short sale.

And so I offered. Lower than ever before. Because if it's bank money we're talking about, well, I'll jump on the savings bandwagon.

So now we have to wait and see if the bank will agree to the short sale.

Again, I'm not sure of God's plan in all of this, but I chose faith over fear the last time and walked away knowing that could be the end of it all and it has come back into our laps with a chance to save a chunk of money on the deal.

So we shall see.

In the meantime, I'm going to work on replenishing the savings account from what I took to pay off the car. And I'm not going to collect any boxes until we know something definitive. Most of all, I'm going to try from letting my heart even hope.

But that's the hardest part of all.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

I know all about the ups and downs and waiting and hoping and having hopes dashed and hoping again. This wonderful house we're living in is actually the THIRD one we placed an offer on. And it makes me so glad the other two didn't work out. :)

*Hugs* to you in this waiting time!

Jennifer said...

Katrina who has been there, and Eliza who IS there now...I know how you feel! We are sitting on a preliminary contract that is supposed to be submitted to the builder on Monday...with no money in the bank to cover the earnest. What was supposed to have happened this week hasn't, and then I got more bad news about other money on the horizon that is now not on its way either!

I have been sick all day...Michael says its nerves, and he's probably right.

I keep saying that its in God's hands, and I've placed my hopes & dreams into this situation, and I am scared...I know how you feel Eliza :) I will pray along side you and trust along side you and believe along side you.

Its in His hands...He will provide what is best for you & Flash - if its a lower-priced short sale, then that truly is the best!!!

Jennifer said...

Thank you for your comment on my post - wow! I have gotten so many great pieces of advice from all over the place, all from people that do not know each other, and all saying the same thing...God has it under control if I will let Him have it!

So, I have, because I am making a mess of it, let me tell ya!

Anyway, just checking in to see if you have any news on the offer??? Am still praying for God's best for you guys....

P.S. Happy Mother's Day girl!!